Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A picture of the intention economy - and a second experiment in VRM


Well, here's another of my poorly-put-together diagrams. It came to me after my testing of a one-man-vrm in trying to buy a car.

It's pretty clear that tools, and simple ones at that, which can connect these two intentions are available. Put together shrewdly we may have a way of helping the vendor side catch up with the consumer?

Rather than search for myself, (and/or deciding for myself)which are the most likely candidates, I thought I'd try a little more VRM (vendor relationship management) - this time aimed at the people who should be best equipped to pick up on my clear intention! That is, if you're pitching tools which can do this job, the least you should be able to do is be alerted to my intention to find you, from this posting alone (though I will twitter away, too).

So please, either email me your suggestions for good tools which could help, or just post your thoughts and suggestions below. Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Hi.

    Just read your white paper on 'Marketing and Advertising Models for A Network World'.

    Interesting and useful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Eamon. Going to present it internally (at Bauer) on April 10. But feel free to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,
    I think I have what you are looking for. Our tool is used for this type of online listening.

    I like your Toyota experiment and saw the comments that followed. I'm interested if you got any further with it.

    Regards,
    Marcel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcel, there is an update to the story later on, which you may have come across by now. Note the comment from the toyota buzz follower.
    I'm really interested in your listening tool.So let's talk
    Even more interested in how we change the attitude of the listeners. They listen but do they hear us? They have to consider listening a process of preparation for conversation, rather than a gathering of data to stick in the bank.

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?